Push Pro Comm System (Modem port to open)

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.

Push Pro Comm System (Modem port to open)

Post by 209 »

I remember reading here somewhere, that one has to open a port on the modem. Can't find it now, is this correct?

I have an 'EKM Omnimeter Pulse v.4' connected to an 'EKM Push Pro Communication System', that I'm now connecting to a modem. The modem will not be connected to a PC, so I have to ask the Frontier installer to open a port (if any), while he is there installing the modem.

Thanks,
c
Jameson

Re: Push Pro Comm System (Modem port to open)

Post by Jameson »

You should be able to take your EKM Push out of the box, give it power, connect it to your internet router with an ethernet cable, and it will start to try and read any meters that are assigned to it and send your meter data to your EKM Push account. It should be plug and play.

You should not have to do any configuration to your internet router, ports, or firewall. This is true more than 98% of the time, unless you happen to be behind a very locked down military or corporate firewall that do not allow outgoing UDP connections.

When your Push is working the power light will be green, the internet light will be green, and the RS485 light will flash red once per minute. You can also use the link we gave you when you bought your EKM Push, to see your meter data coming into your EKM Push account.

Thanks,
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com

Re: Push Pro Comm System (Modem port to open)

Post by 209 »

Great, thanks!

c