Ekm push device

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
Mios56

Ekm push device

Post by Mios56 »

Hi, I have an EKM push device that I could see data from an omni meter v.4 device through the cloud for about a year but now it doesn't show any usage. I know the meter works because I can see current values in its display. The push device has a green L.e.d. for the internet but the power l.e.d is orange, not green. The RS-485 l.e.d. flashes orange and no light every 5secs. Tried resetting power to push device, initial light shows green but immediately turns back to orange. Do I need another power adapter? Need help resolving no data to cloud from push device. Thank you for your expertise.
Jameson

Re: Ekm push device

Post by Jameson »

What we are seeing when we look at your data is that your Push stopped talking to our servers on Thu Mar 3 12:00:49 2016 UTC time. What is odd though is that when we look at our server logs, we are getting intermittent connections from your Push to our servers. It is like it gets a tiny bit of internet connectivity every 60 minutes or so, but not enough to gather some data it needs and start sending information to our servers.

Will you power cycle your internet router?

Are you aware of anything special that would have happened on Thu Mar 3 12:00:49 2016 UTC time?

We are looking into this very closely. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
Mios56

Post by Mios56 »

Thank you Jameson for checking on this for me. You hit it right on, March 3rd was the last data. Nothing out of the ordinary that occurred March 3rd that I am aware of. It is relieving to know you are on it. Much appreciation.
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Hmm the mystery continues. Now I see 2 new groups of new good reads in your EKM Push account separated by a gap of downtime with loss of connectivity between your EKM Push and our servers, they start Mon Mar 7 21:18:18 2016 PST and end Mon Mar 7 22:56:27 2016 PST

There are about 38 reads with an hour gap in the middle. I am really suspecting something is odd with your internet connection it seems very iffy and intermittent. Do you have other devices connected to the same internet connection? How well do they operate? Have you power cycled your internet router?
Jameson
EKM METERING
Mios56

Post by Mios56 »

Hi Jameson, yes, I have rebooted the internet router. I have an internet router daisy chained to my airport wireless router to my push device. My wireless router light is steady green and my wireless devices all connect without interruption. I also tried connecting my tv wirelessly through iheart radio and that works without interruption. Since we have a time difference (hawaii), I could bypass my wireless router and connect my push device straight to my internet router (time warner cable) since I will be working and no one else will be using the wireless router for the time being. I will do it before I leave for work (630am-pacific) and we can eliminate my wireless router possibly lagging connectivity. Hope I am being more helpful than making things more difficult. Hehe. Again, thank you very much for your time. Have a great day!
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Hello Milos56,

Something happened (I guess on your end earlier today) and now your meter is being read by your EKM Push once per minute. There are almost 300 good reads from today. Are you aware of what has changed at 8:30 AM PST?

We will continue to keep an eye on it. Any information you have about what you have tried will be useful.
Jameson
EKM METERING
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Hello Milos56,

It looks like your Push has been running and reading your meter 100% of the time for the last 6 days (since my last post). Did you change anything on your end to get it to work?

Thanks,
Jameson
EKM METERING
Mios56

Post by Mios56 »

Hi Jameson,
Thank you very much for helping me troubleshoot my issue. The intermittent data feedback and diagnostics on your end truly helped me try different things and it has been resolved thanks to your team. My airport wireless was the issue. Although it connected my wireless devices without issues, for some reason, it troubled my hard wired connection to my push device. I bought a switch and connected my airport wireless and push device to it and data has been back to normal ever since. Thank you Jameson for your expertise!
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Hello Mios56,

Will you take a look at this issue on the forum?: http://forum.ekmmetering.com/viewtopic. ... 6528#p6528

They seem to have a similar issue as you experienced with their Apple Airport Router (a reboot of the Airport Router fixed the issue). We are trying to gather evidence of what could be going on.

Any information you could provide about your Airport Router (Model, Serial, firmware version, etc) could be helpful in cornering whatever is going on here.

We appreciate your help,
Jameson
EKM METERING
2ndsteel

Post by 2ndsteel »

Hi I have a similar issue with the new system I installed this past week. It quit updating through the push today around 12:30 today. I have read through this subject and to let you know I do not have an Apple router in my system. I connect directly through the Century Link router and I have a direct twisted paired CAT5 cable connection to the meter. I just checked my Omni 4 meter and it is reading data. My connection to the Internet appears to be good. I am not aware of anything that occurred today to change the system. Any ideas?