One Omnimeter V4 using Blink and Push?

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
tsprad

One Omnimeter V4 using Blink and Push?

Post by tsprad »

First post is a simple question:

I have a water meter, Omnimeter V4, Push, Blink, and Dash.

Can I connect to the same Omnimeter with both Blink and Push using EKM Dash? Or do I have to delete the meter in order to configure it the other way? When I enter the meter serial number it tells me that meter is already configured.
Jameson

Re: One Omnimeter V4 using Blink and Push?

Post by Jameson »

You can have an EKM Push, an EKM Blink, and an EKM Omnimeter on the same serial RS485 bus. But only one of these can be communicating at one time. Normally you would have just one master (the EKM Push) and one slave (the EKM Meter), but in this arrangement you will have 2 masters, so as long as they do not communicate at the same time you will be OK. If they do communicate at the same time you will just get bad data, it will not hurt anything.

If you are experiencing trouble having both an EKM Push and an EKM Blink on the same bus, I would physically disconnect one of them to see if that solves the issue.

The EKM Dash software can only have one instance of each meter number. Each meter can be either an EKM Push meter, or a USB meter. You cannot setup a Dash meter to be both an EKM Push meter and a USB Meter.
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com