.NET solution - everything worked great

For more advanced meter data users. Learn from others and ask questions about how to read meters, how to use the EKM Push Data, and how to display the meter data in useful ways.
pvanroos

.NET solution - everything worked great

Post by pvanroos »

Hi all,

No complaints here--I wanted to express my appeciation! Big thanks to Seth and Jameson for helping me. I have 1 Omnimeter v.4, 1 iSerial, 1 water meter and 1 power meter.

I just wrote a .NET console app in C# using asynchronous sockets to query data from the iSerial. With help from the Developer Portal, I then parsed the returned hex code. I deployed the console app on a local network server and it's pulling data from the Omnimeter every few seconds and pushing that data to my cloud database on Azure. I built a simple web app and mobile app to view the results.

It took me ~4.5 hours to do this! :D

Thanks guys,

Paul
Jameson

Re: .NET solution - everything worked great

Post by Jameson »

Hello Paul,

Great to hear you have it working!! Would love to check out what you are doing if you are willing to share links, screenshots, or code! Im sure others here would find it useful if you posted it here as well.

4.5 hours must be some kind of record.

Thanks for letting us know :ugeek:

Regards,
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
pvanroos

Post by pvanroos »

Jameson,

Sorry, that came off as bragging. :-) I was trying to convey how easy you guys made it for me.

-Paul
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Sorry, that came off as bragging.
Not at all !! :P We are so glad to hear we were able to provide all of the information you needed to get it to work. If there are any gaping holes in our documentation, please let us know. We are always trying to find ways to make it better (more clear or more concise).

Again, thanks for posting.
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
nskerl

Post by nskerl »

Sounds awesome. Would love to see the code if youre able to share!