EKM-25IDS Reads 0000.02

Forum is open to all questions, answers, and discussions related to electric meters, ours or others.
mzobel

EKM-25IDS Reads 0000.02

Post by mzobel »

Just wired in a EKM-25IDS. It is a dedicated line to an Electric Vehicle charging station. 40amp breaker 8GA wire 244V. When charging the care it should be using 3.8kW at 16Amps. The charger is working fine. I have charged the car twice but the meter is only reading 0.02. Do I have a bad meter?

thanks for your time,

Mark
Jameson

Re: EKM-25IDS Reads 0000.02

Post by Jameson »

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately you may be the victim of a recent issue we had with our 25IDS. We have a bad batch and have issued a recall of this model. Please let me know if you have not received the recall email (we would have sent the purchaser of the meter an email if they had bought on certain days of May/June)

There is a way to identify which meters have this issue, and your help in determining if you have one or more of the problematic meters will be very much appreciated.

If you still have the small white box in which the meter came packaged, the location of the label will determine if yours is one of the recalled meters. If the meter is good, the label is on the top of the box. These labels have “Feb 2014” on them. If the label is on the side of the box and has “1/15” on it.

If you no longer have the small white box, you can determine if your meter is subject to this recall by the location of the “Accept Certificate”. If the meter is good, the “Accept Certificate” is on the blank side of the meter, on the case seam. If the “Accept Certificate” is on the side of the meter that has the wiring diagram, the meter is being recalled and we will need for you to return the meter to us so that we can repair or replace it.

Thanks, and sorry about this issue if you are affected.

Regards,
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
mzobel

Post by mzobel »

I have the label on the side of the box with a 1/15. If I remember correctly the accept label was on the side. I have not seem an Email. My Wife purchased this unit June 23. I will have her double check her Emails.

Thanks,
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Thanks, unfortunately that sounds like one of the bad ones :x

If you would like to send us an email to: info@ekmmetering.com we will send you the recall email.

Thanks, hopefully we will get you back on your feet in no time.
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com