Ekm-251ds meter readings too high

Forum is open to all questions, answers, and discussions related to electric meters, ours or others.
Robert

Ekm-251ds meter readings too high

Post by Robert »

After installing an EKM-251ds meter onto a 120/220 100 amp residential circuit panel I noticed after two weeks having a reading of 1987.0 kwh.
The main meter on the property reads 91 5kwh for the entire month which is more in line with the average usage.....any ideas why the newly installed meter on a studio apartment would read so high
Jameson

Re: Ekm-251ds meter readings too high

Post by Jameson »

Hello Robert,

Welcome to the forum.

First, please confirm that your 25IDS is reading 1987.0 and not 198.70 (this meter displays kWh to 2 decimal places)

Barring some sort of major malfunction (such as segments on the LCD screen going bad), I can only think of ways that your 25IDS meter would run slower than it should, not faster. Can you tell me more about the main meter on your property? Is it an old mechanical meter?

Thanks for your help,
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
Robert

Re: Ekm-251ds meter readings too high

Post by Robert »

Jameson,

Thank you! I'm impressed with your speedy response. You are confirming something that I suspected with the decimal point. I have a tenant
reading the meter for the first time. I appreciate the information concerning the meter displays kwh to 2 decimal places. This saved me a 600 mile trip to confirm the reading. I will get the info on the primary meter in the event I have questions/concerns in the future.

Thank You

Robert