dials unreadable

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
dandelot

dials unreadable

Post by dandelot »

My EKM-SPWM-100 dials are covered by some drops and misting inside the transparent window (meaning water/misting is on the window itself). Any suggestions on now to deal with that (so I can read the dials again)?
Jameson

Re: dials unreadable

Post by Jameson »

Hello Dandelot,

Im sorry to hear that your water meter dials have fogged up. This condensation usually comes from the warm sun striking the face of the water meter, then when cold water runs through the meter the water in the face is able to condense. The best is to protect the dials from the sun. I would locate the water meter in a shaded area, or erect something to shade the dials, or wrap the entire water meter in insulation or even a towel if it is in a dry location. Sometimes by doing this, the condensed water is able to evaporate again.

Let us know how it goes!
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
dandelot

Post by dandelot »

The meter is inside one of those plastic garden boxes with removable cover. Never any sun. So a little below ground level. I discovered a couple weeks ago that the moles/gophers had dug up around it (inside the box) so I dug out a couple gallons of wed mud and moved the mud
to the other end of the property. So the meter as a whole was cool and damp for a very long period. Now in open air in the box surrounded by slightly damp earth.
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Thanks, does it seem like condensation inside your meter face or do you think it is more like a leak internal to the water meter? Will you send a photo of the face of your water meter?
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com