How to Use the v.4 Omnimeter's Controllable Outputs

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
Ezzie

How to Use the v.4 Omnimeter's Controllable Outputs

Post by Ezzie »

I am trying to find a way to add a simple pump on/off control between a storage tank and a water well to turn a pump on and off. I have a normally open (NO) float switch in the tank and a motor starter at the well head. At both locations, I have v.4 Omnimeters connected to your Zigbee RS485 radios to collect electrical and water meter pulse data back to a central monitoring computer. How would I go about triggering the output on the Omnimeter at the well site from the remote location??? Seems to me there would need to be some way of using a pulse input (on/off or hi/lo) at the tank end and addressinfg a specific Omnimeter's output in the network???
Jameson

Re: How to Use the v.4 Omnimeter's Controllable Outputs

Post by Jameson »

It sounds like you are using a USB converter and the EKM Dash to read your Omnimeter, is that correct? Also, it sounds like you want to monitor the data on one Omnimeter and trigger a relay on a different Omnimeter. Is this also correct?

I am not aware of a way to do what you are wanting to do with the EKM Dash triggers. The EKM Dash will only let you monitor and control a relay on the same Omnimeter.

You will want to use Push3 gateway based triggers: https://help.ekmmetering.com/support/so ... gers-beta-

The Push3 gateway triggers are better than Dash triggers anyway in that you dont have to run your computer 24/7 for them to work reliably. And in your case you can monitor the data from one meter and trigger a relay on a different Omnimeter (provided both Omnimeters are connected to the same EKM Push gateway, which it sounds like yours would be).

Here is information about our EKM Push3 gateway: https://www.ekmmetering.com/collections ... rol-system

So in summary yes, you could have your Omnimeter near your storage tank be connected to a float switch (connected to one of its 3 pulse inputs), you would then monitor the Pulse Input states and trigger based on their state (see screenshot for an example of a Push3 trigger), you would then control the controllable relay outputs on a different Omnimeter. The controllable relay outputs would be connected to a larger relay, contactor, or solid state relay which would power/un-power the pump.

This screenshot of a Push3 trigger shows how the pulse input state of one Omnimeter can be used to control the relay outputs on a different Omnimeter:
Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 4.47.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 4.47.42 PM.png (200.93 KiB) Viewed 25368 times
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
Ezzie

Re: How to Use the v.4 Omnimeter's Controllable Outputs

Post by Ezzie »

Yes, my current configuration is EKM Dash on a Windows PC USB port to a Blink and to a mesh network of 900 mHz 485Bee radios connected to Omnimeter V.4 at multiple locations.

I will give the Push3 a try and have ordered one from you to experiment with. Thanks again for your help on this.