stored information in omnimeter I v.3?

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
hbautomatiza

stored information in omnimeter I v.3?

Post by hbautomatiza »

:?:

good day
The reason of this post is to inform you that we bought some equipment I EKM METERING omnimeters v.3, our doubts and need is the following: we take care to know how to retrieve information from these devices, the idea is to let these devices installed in key locations of the company, but without connections to computers, then using software and iserials or usb to RS-485 converters to retrieve the information gathered in the days that lasts the test of current spending. We bought the software on your page, and activated some functions except the "monthly reports", which would be more useful for us because we occupy have a daily report without connecting a computer. In the EKM METERING omnimeter I v.3, how I can retrieve that information? . is necessary a computer to have stored daily information ?

Greetings and thanks for your attention.
Jameson

Re: stored information in omnimeter I v.3?

Post by Jameson »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

The best way to get the most information out of your meter on a real-time or daily basis is to continually read all of your meters and store that data on your computer (on in the case of the EKM Push, in the central EKM Push web database). The meters do not store much in the way of real-time data. They will always keep a running tally of the Total kWh, but if you need to know exactly what was going on 2 days ago the best will be to log the meter data. The meter will store 6 months of once a month reads (these 6 reads are taken on the last day of the month)

If you want to log, but dont want to use a computer (have it running all the time), the best will be to consider our new EKM Push system. The EKM Push gateway is a small circuit board that draws less than a watt of power. You plug it in and it instantly starts reading all of your meters. This meter data then gets sent to a central database where we store up to 1000 meter reads (if your EKM Push is set to read your meters hourly, this is 41.6 days of data). This data with timestamps will be the best way to have access to your meter's historical data. Here is more information about the EKM Push system: http://www.ekmmetering.com/push-communications

Please let us know if you have any questions,
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com