iSerial error

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
Ed_Mandibles

iSerial error

Post by Ed_Mandibles »

Receiving the following message from the iSerial: "Application Program CheckSum Error" with a choice to EraseFlash or Close Window.

Help, what are my options.

Thanks,

Ed
Jameson

Re: iSerial error

Post by Jameson »

Hello Ed,

This is a new one :oops:

Can you let us know when you receive this message? Is it when you are trying to log into the iSerial through your web browser to make settings, when you are using the older EKM Reader software, or when you are using the new EKM Dash software?

What steps were taken before you received this message? What operating system are you running?

Thanks,
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
Ed_Mandibles

Post by Ed_Mandibles »

When using the old version of SW, and trying to read the meters, started to receive Socket Error messages from both meters and could not read data even with multiple tries. I could however ping the IP address and receive a reply so I knew there was still an internet connection. Tried using EKM Dash with the same results

Went to the building where the system is installed and noticed that the meters seemed to be operating OK however the ACT light on the iSerial showed no activity. Connected my laptop to the iSerial, entered the IP address of the iSerial and received the Application Program CheckSum Error message. Would normally receive the User Name and Password screen.

My laptop is running Windows 7.

PS: Thank you for the new EKM software!

Ed
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Hello Ed,

I would be interested to see if power cycling the iSerial clears the issue. I have not seen this behavior before (it seems like some sort of weird locked state). Of course if it is an ongoing problem with your iSerial we will gladly replace it.

The ACT light will only light up for the fraction of a second when Meter Request and Meter Response data is actually being passed on the RS-485 data wire. It will not be lit most of the time. So your experience there sounds normal.

Let us know if you need anything at all,

Regards,
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com