iSerial read data error for remote connection

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
vishnu.sr

iSerial read data error for remote connection

Post by vishnu.sr »

Hi, I am using Omnimeter I v.3 and Iserial v.2 for reading KWH. I am able to get the reading in EKM dash when i connects the device locally within the network. But i m facing an issue when i try to use the remote connection settings.
I have changed the hostname to our company dyndns hostname and also forwarded the port number in our firewall which is configured in EKM dash. Please advice as to what has to be done to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards
Vishnu
Greenleaf Airconditioning Services LLC.
DUbai, UAE
Jameson

Re: iSerial read data error for remote connection

Post by Jameson »

Hello Vishnu,

Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you are on the right track.

That is good that you ca read your meters over your local network. Knowing this will take a lot of the guesswork out of what is going on.

First and best would be if you could email us your dynDNS name and open port number. We will check to see if we can access from this end using our Network Utility software to Ping the address and Port Map the port. Please email to info@ekmmetering.com

If you could, also let us know the meter number you are trying to read, we will try to read it from here.

When you try to read your meters over the internet, do you know if the ACT light flashes on the iSerial? If you read your meters once a second this light should flash once a second. If it is not flashing there is a problem with how the iSerial is connected to the internet.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Regards,
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com