Installation of Indoor Enclosure Kit

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
Impatientinventor

Instalation of

Post by Impatientinventor »

I purchased the Indoor Enclosure Kit with all the rest of what I hope I need to get my HOA to allow me to install a 220 charging station onto the common grid in my condo.

Love the professional look and can't wait to get clearance to start hooking everything up.

One question...

What is the big brass thing for? Could you post some pictures or have the page for the enclosure have a link to the installation instructions I can't find. The enclosure looks pretty straight forward but I have no idea what that piece is for... I don't think I need it for my installation but I wanted to make sure I'm not going to be circumventing something by not using it.

Thanks,

I^2
Jameson

Re: Instalation of

Post by Jameson »

Good question.

The Indoor Enclosure Kit can be either a surface mount or a flush mount (depending on which cover and hardware you use).

The metal bracket you are referring to is used in the flush mount application. It is used to hold the enclosure tight to the drywall from behind. You first cut out an opening that is the size of the plastic case. Mark and cut as is shown in Photo 1 below.

Install the small keeper clips on top and bottom. These keep the enclosure from falling back into the wall. Install the large metal bracket to the back of the case. The keeps the inclosure from falling forward into the room. Photo 2 shows the small keeper clips and the large rear bracket installed.

Photo 3 shows the enclosure flush mounted to the wall just before the cover plate goes on.

Photo 4 shows the completed flush mount installation.

Thanks and let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Jameson
EKM Metering

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com