EKM Push

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
gcsolar

EKM Push

Post by gcsolar »

Hi guys I have just received my EKM Push unit, it is great having the meter info available without having the computer online to monitor it. Just wondering is it possible to get the data through EKM Push to be available on the EKM reader software?

Also I am keen to get the EKM Push data onto a pachube feed, anyone know how to or can recommend anyone to talk to about getting this sort of thing done? I am happy to pay for the service.

Thanks
Jameson

Re: EKM Push

Post by Jameson »

Well, we are actually currently re-writting the the EKM Reader software and would like to be able to add the EKM Push data as one of the available data sources. It should be a simple matter. We hope to have this available within 4 to 6 weeks.

We would also like to see our meter data be fed to Pachube (now cosm.com). We may add this to our available APIs in the EKM Reader software. Let us know if you have made any progress on this front.

Thanks,
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
gcsolar

Post by gcsolar »

Wow, if you could get the data to an API to suit COSM that would be brilliant!!!!

I have not yet had any progress on this front, no one seems to want to help me, but an API is getting me really excited!

Thanks
gcsolar

Post by gcsolar »

I see you have the new EKM Dash software available now, does this work with the EKM Push? It doesn't seem to be an option.. If not has there been any further advances on the EKM Push data to COSM?

Thanks for all the awesome work EKM! :-D
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Wow thanks for the praise!!

And thanks for following us as things progress.

The next step for the EKM Dash development will be to incorporate EKM Push data into the EKM Dash. This should be a relatively easy step, the data will be incorporated, as though it were just another data source. This way you will be able to generate emails, csv files, etc. from the Dash Software using Push data.

The EKM Dash is certainly a work in progress, we will be releasing major upgrades soon.

And I really apologize, but we still have not gotten to the point where we can send data directly to Cosm.org. -- wattvision integration is working with the Dash, and we will be adding other APIs to the Dash. Cosm.org got put on the back burner for the next little while. :roll:

So things are rolling along around here, and we expect to have some exciting developments in the coming months. Stay tuned.

Thanks again,
Jameson
EKM METERING
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Hello gcsolar,

I wanted to let you know that the latest version of the EKM Dash is working with the EKM Push system now. The EKM Dash now seamlessly pulls the data from EKM Push database.

This offers a number of advantages. You can now store an unlimited number of EKM Push Meter reads on your local machine, you can create .csv files, send data to wattvision, and create emails using the EKM Push data. All you need is your EKM Push User Key and EKM Meter Number. We will be adding functionality to the Dash moving forward.

I also wanted to let you know that the good folks over at PVOutput.org are now utilizing EKM Push data directly! This means you do not need a computer to run for this to work. They pull EKM Push data from your account (using your EKM Omnimeter numbers and EKM Push User Keys) and graph/store the information over time. It works great!

Here are some more details (towards the bottom): http://forum.ekmmetering.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1950

Now if we could only get cosm to do the same thing! ;)

Regards,
Jameson
EKM METERING
JensClausen

Post by JensClausen »

Hi Guys,

please tell us how far you are with integrating EKM Omnimeter Pulse v.4 into the EKM Push system, as the Ethernet to Wifi Bridge sounds like a real solution to corporate buildings.
Regards
Jens
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Hello Jens!

Welcome to the forum.

It is a bit too soon to tell how long this might take, but we are actively working on integrating the Omnimeter Pulse v.4 into the EKM Push system. A conservative guesstimate would be about 8 weeks.

The nice part about this is that it will be a remote upgrade of the EKM Push firmware. The EKM Push gateway hardware we are sending out now will work with the Omnimeter Pulse v.4 meters when the time comes.

This will be a very powerful integration with the Push system. If you are looking at metering water or gas (in addition to electricity) remotely or want the ability to control loads, this will be perfect. We cant wait!

Regards,
Jameson
EKM METERING
Kailua

Post by Kailua »

Jameson,

Please give us an update on integrating EKM Omnimeter Pulse v.4 into the EKM Push system.

My system is all set up and ready for this last piece.

Thank you,

David
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

David,

We are still a ways out with this. We opted for making a greater (and longer) leap forward with the EKM Push system. This will include v.4 meter integration and meter settings integration.

It is still a bit of a wild guess at this point, but I would shoot for 4 to 6 weeks from now.

Thanks for your patience.
Jameson
EKM METERING