Dash Locks up and can't be closed

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
xAPPO

Re: Dash Locks up and can't be closed

Post by xAPPO »

I'm getting a situation now where after many hours of operation I get an on screen dialog

Unexpected Error
An unhandled OutOfBoundsException has occurred with copy/quit buttons, and EKM dash has vanished.

Restarting EKM dash opens the 'trial' window but then after that I have no window displayed... a few seconds later I get the same error dialog as above..

Any ideas ?
I can't even launch the app now..

Kevin
xAPPO

Post by xAPPO »

I believe this was caused by the main window somehow ending up off screen. Not sure how that happened, it's a dual screen machine and one monitor is smaller than the other, unfortunately it's startup position was remembered there too.

I found a post about a Win7 feature where you can recover such windows by holding down the Windows key and pressing the left arrow key - maybe other arrow keys work too for different directions. As soon as I did this the window re-appeared on the main screen and all is well again.

I am not sure if the error could be better handled in Dash though - rather than crashing.

Update; I have seen this error with the app minimised too, or window partially onscreen - I'm wondering if it's something that manifests itself when some region of the display window is currently not visible on screen or overlapped by another window.

K
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Hello Kevin,

We are not able to recreate this problem. :?

Will you let us know the specific steps we need to take to recreate the issue you are seeing? It sounds like a rare case.

Thanks for your help with this.
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com