Dash 497 bug ?

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
Nevland

Dash 497 bug ?

Post by Nevland »

I now have two meters. They were working correctly after the installation of 497. When trying to modify the LCD display on my new meter (clicked on set), The Dash pgm no longer communicated with either meter. When I tried to renter my 12 digit meter number (previously entered under previous version of Dash) Dash 497 truncated the meter #number. (droped the leading 3 zeros and 1 zero before the last 3 bits. Only after deleting the two meters. Rebooting the computer. Rebooting the EKM, Modifying the connections so that Dash was looking only at 1 meter at a time. Having Dash find the meter # Then reinstalling them did I get Dash working again. When I tried rename the meters back to the original I got error message that the name was in use.

This has happened to me twice when I tried to modify the lCD display. Not sure of the sequence of events in getting the system up running again.

Original meters # 000300000233 & 000300000154 Got truncated to 30000023 and 30000015. ( 8 digits) Dash 497 would not accept the 12 digit #
When I got the system working again I changed the meter #' to 30000233 & 30000154.

Now I have to go into the programs that I have written where the meter #s are hard coded and change them.

Why Me
Bill
Jameson

Re: Dash 497 bug ?

Post by Jameson »

Hi Bill,

Nasty bug :evil:

It looks like the Edit Meter > Advanced > "Set Meter Number" text field only accepts 8 digits. Rather than the 12 that it should accept.

This should be an easy fix. We will patch this up in the next release.

Thanks for keeping an eye out.
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
Nevland

Re: Dash 497 bug ?

Post by Nevland »

The main problem occurred while in trying to modify what the LCD display shows, was that Dash QUIT READING both meters.
Would only get check 485.

Recovery required.
Deleting both meters and it's acquired data
Rebooting both EKM and the computer
Reinstalling the two meters (That's when I discovered the trunking problem with the serial number install.)

Since this has happened the two time I have tried to modify the LCD display I feel that this problem still exists.
A prior version of dash seemed to modify the LCD display with out any problem. (I don't remember which one however)

Bill