Date and Time change on meter

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
jhines

Date and Time change on meter

Post by jhines »

An issue I experienced while installing my new omnimeter v.3 is that the out of box time and date were incorrect. I did not notice this and installed the meter and began metering. The date was one day ahead of actual. I am using "Dash" to collect 10 second data to analyze some problems with my mechanical controls.

After exporting some data I noticed the error and reset the time and date to match my computer time.

The data set (in dash) now contains logged data from yesterday as todays data. Todays data is recording accurately but I'm not sure what will happen when the current time reaches the time already logged yesterday as today.

I read on another forum post that the way to get rid of this is to delete the meter and re-create it which I plan to do.

As I export data I think it would be nice to be able to "purge" previously collected data. (not the revenue totalization)
I am using this meter to "sub meter" equipment to learn how various stages of cooling contribute to our demand load for load shedding purposes. As such I have constructed a portable meter case with all the necessary connections etc. As I move the meter from equipment to equipment it would be nice to be able to purge the old data after exporting it rather than constantly deleting and redefining the meter.

Thanks for your consideration of this request.
Jameson

Re: Date and Time change on meter

Post by Jameson »

Hi jhines,

There is not really a good way to precisely carve off the data that you do not want from a particular meter (the methods remain a bit heavy handed for now). You can either delete a meter and re-create it (this will get rid of all data) or when you are first starting the Dash you can hold the "shift" key. This will bring up a window. One of the options is "Reset Database". If you click this the Dash will make a backup of your current database on your desktop and will start the Dash with a fresh database (blank of meter data or meter settings).

If you are going to be doing this very often I would get your EKM Dash all setup how you like it with meters and settings and then create a backup of your database that you can load later. This way you do not have to enter your meter details every time.

You should be able to only export the data you are interested in (by specifying a date range for export). This will create a .csv file with only the data you want (from time x to time y).

Of course as we move the Dash forward, dealing with large data sets will be a priority. We will want to add the ability to distill your data into what you need in the long term only (the option to save only once a day or once an hour data for example)

If you ever need anything at all, please let us know.
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com