Dash feature request

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
nycentral13

Dash feature request

Post by nycentral13 »

Hi EKM,

Got my Omnimeter v4 operational and connect to an iSerial to get the data flowing through our LAN. And I was successful (after using the "Discover" feature in the EKM Dash software) to see my data flowing using the Dash software. So it is all working correctly and I am somewhat happy. But I need better visualization of all this great data! The Dash software is a good start, and I know it is just in beta, but after all this work to get this hardware hooked up and running, I need a splashy display.

What I would love, is a customizable Dash like environment, where I could move the graphical data streams around. Maybe show the voltage for each of the three phases as numbers in a floating box and then show the wavy historical amperage graphs for each phase underneath, with a frequency output in another corner of the screen in another floating box. Total KWhrs in another floating box. Then my pulsed water meter output as another blue lined wavy graph underneath that! All with the ability to scroll backwards in time to see the amperage spike yesterday that might have happened when two large pump motors turned on at the same time and the water demand increased. I'm all ready to dedicate a computer and monitor running full time to this display task in my Minority Report-like command center (ie my desk).

Best,

Eric
Jameson

Re: Dash feature request

Post by Jameson »

Thanks Eric!! :D

We really could not agree more. Getting the data and the EKM Dash to a solid point and then improving the User Interface and control functionality is our planned path forward. Lately we have been working on some of the less seen "Auto-update" and backup features. After this is done, we get to move onto the fun stuff.

Keep the ideas coming!

Thanks,
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
nycentral13

Post by nycentral13 »

Hi Jameson,

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate your interactions with users through this blog.

Is there capability to get a real-time data stream import into excel using the "get external data" function with the Omnimeter v4 & iSerial hardware set-up? I see that this is possible with the EKM Push device, but I am stuck because Omnimeter v4 is not (yet?) compatible with the Push. I see now that I might have been better off with the Omnimeter v3. With no COSM API, it is looking to me that I may be stuck on a hardware path that has future promise, but is currently just a spur off the superhighway that is Omnimeter v3 w/ a Push box. I have the Wattvision output working, but getting a single data point, every 10 seconds, for one of the 42 possible channels is underwhelming. How can I log and then display more data with my current set-up?

Kind thanks in advance,

Eric
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Hello Eric,

Thanks for your appreciation of the forum! We like how a conversation like this can potentially be a benefit to anyone who just reads or joins the discussion.

We do not yet have a real-time update of the .csv export file. This would certainly be a nice addition to anyone who wants to take Dash data and use it in their own real-time graphs or alerts. We would also love to add this feature.

I would say that you made the right choice of Omnimeter Pulse v.4 (because you are counting Pulses). The iSerial is the only option for reading this meter over ethernet or this internet at the moment. Wattvision will only accept incoming "watt" data as fast as once every 10 seconds. You have the option to then bounce this data to some other services (bidgely, pvoutput, etc), but it will still only contain "watt" information.

We do not have a good way (other than the "Dashboard" section of the EKM Dash) to visualize faster than 10 second data from an Omnimeter Pulse v.4/ iSerial combination at this point. We hope to add functionality to the "Dashboard" section of the dash. Varied graphs, zoom, colors, etc. We also hope to add more API connections (a la wattvision, as we move forward).

Essentially we want to be able to hand you more and more useful tools and functionality to be able to better use and extract more value from your EKM Meters. (through either the EKM Dash software or the EKM Push system)

Thanks again for your feedback and feature requests. Keep them coming ;)
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com