Push and Dash data not complete

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
kevin

Push and Dash data not complete

Post by kevin »

I've just installed

omnimeter II
and a push

When I load up Dash, the data from my meter is coming in and I assume it is correct. However from what I understand even when Dash isn't running, the push should be uploading data to some cloud DB.
However when dash isn't running I don't see that data.

I guess the next step will be to look at the io.ekmpush.com/............. xml data and then to use the push_schema to see if the data is uploading or not..

Anyone has any experience?
Jameson

Re: Push and Dash data not complete

Post by Jameson »

Hello Kevin,

Please directly email us the Push system that you are referring to so that we can make sure it is running well. Please send this email to info@ekmmetering.com

Yes you are correct that you do not need to have the Dash running in order for your EKM Push gateway to be sending data to your Push account. However, we store the latest 1000 reads in your EKM Push account (if you have a meter that is being read once per minute this is the latest 1000 minutes). We have some customers that have us set their meters to be read once per hour, so that we will store the latest 1000 hours of data for them. So if you want to retrieve all of your EKM Push data, you will need to run the Dash often enough to retrieve all of your available data.

If you set your EKM Dash to retrieve data from your EKM Push account at the fastest possible rate (1 per minute in most cases), the dash will retrieve up to 1000 reads of the latest EKM Push data. This way you can start the Dash from time to time to get the previous 1000 reads. Any slower read rate than the fastest possible, will only retrieve the latest 1 read.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com