ekm reader v2

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
zauok

ekm reader v2

Post by zauok »

I have an ekm reader v2 purchased version. But I am unable to poll Omnimeter II v3 UL on it. Also is there a way to achieve to logging to text file feature in V2 in ekm dash?
Jameson

Re: ekm reader v2

Post by Jameson »

Hello Zauok,

Sounds like you have been around for a while ;)

The old EKM Reader software has been completely replaced by the EKM Dash software. We have only moved the EKM Dash forward to be able to read newer meter versions (such as the Omnimeter II UL and the Omnimeter Pulse v.4).

However the EKM Dash does not log every read to a .csv file or text file in real-time like you are requesting (you have to periodically export to a date range of meter reads to a .csv file). This is something that we very much want to implement. We are working on some logging functionality now, and hope to get to this feature soon.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Regards,
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
zauok

Post by zauok »

Thanks. Really looking forward to this feature. I have a lot of systems and monitoring built around this feature. And yes, have been using your meters since 2011 now. Also got log files maintained since 2011. Is there any work around to so I can access that data on command shell or parse to a file till this feature is available. Also can you mark me for the update when this feature is available.

Thanks a lot.
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

We are messing around in this exact area of the EKM Dash source code now (logging, reporting, etc).

The EKM Dash database is updated with every read, if you were to create a backup of the EKM Dash database, I think it could be possible to dig around in the backup for the data you are looking for. The EKM Dash database uses RealSQL. This is just a wrapper for SQLite.

We will let you know when we have the option for a live updating .csv file (hopefully soon-ish) Thanks!
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com