Issues with EKM-OmniMeter II UL v.3 and RS485

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
kroth

Issues with EKM-OmniMeter II UL v.3 and RS485

Post by kroth »

I have a EKM-OmniMeter II UL v.3 installed. I am using the USB-RS485 converter to talk to the meter. I am trying to update the CT ratio in the meter. When I start up EKM Dash it says it can't read the latest data from the meter. I am able to go to Advanced and read the Meter Number successfully and it returns the correct number. However when I try and do anything specifically with the meter (i.e. read data, update the CT ratio, etc) it can't communicate with the meter. It comes back with can't update the CT ratio try again. Also when Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
davidg

Re: Issues with EKM-OmniMeter II UL v.3 and RS485

Post by davidg »

Check in edit meter section that opens up that the meter number matches if not then copy and paste it in the find meter section
ensure it's saved that should resolve that minor problem, or you should be able to choose "set" once it's found as well if everything is working correctly.
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Hello Kroth,

It sounds like you may not have correctly setup the EKM Dash.

The "Setup" tab under Edit Meter, as well as the Meters Column in the main window must have the correct meter number. The Discover function under the "Advanced" tab is only to discover the meter number connected to your RS485 network.

If you have the correct meter number in the "Setup" tab click OK. Then go back in and you can change CT ratios, read data, set TOU, etc).

If you still have questions, please email us a screenshot of your Main Window and "Setup" tab.

Thanks.
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
kroth

Post by kroth »

Jameson,

Thanks, that fixed it. I misread the instructions on the setup.

Best Regards.