question about measuring

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
missouri100

question about measuring

Post by missouri100 »

I have a 3 wire 240V three phase system connected to an Omnimeter I v.3. It is wired just like the 3 phase/3 wire example in the spec sheet. I am using two legs for a 240V single phase motor. I am using one of those legs and the third to run through a single phase transformer to get 120V. The current draw on the different legs is quite a bit different at times but the values are relatively low (10A max on any leg).

When the meter is scrolling through all the values they all appear to be correct. Line 2 shows zeros for all its values which I would expect since it isn't connected, but 1 and 3 seem correct. The question is the total kWh value. It appears to be about double what it should be and what the power company shows. This little electrical system in an office area shows more usage than the power company shows for the entire shop.

I am new to this and the only thing I am going by is the spec sheet.

Does anyone have any ideas? Need any more information?

thanks
Jameson

Re: question about measuring

Post by Jameson »

Hello Missouri100,

We would want to make sure that your CT Ratio of your meter is set to the same value as the CTs you are using.

We would also want to make sure you are using just 2 CTs and that you have a jumper wire from port 8 to port 10 on the meter. Is it set up like this diagram?: http://www.ekmmetering.com/information/ ... ml#answer7

Can you tell us which lines (1, 2, or 3) your CTs are on, which lines the motor is on, and which lines the transformer is on?

Please email us photos of your installation.

Thanks and best regards,
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com