EKM Omnimeter Pulse v.4 - Pulse Counter Problem

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
xAPPO

Re: EKM Omnimeter Pulse v.4 - Pulse Counter Problem

Post by xAPPO »

Come on EKM - there's a point at which lack of progress on this bug moves from frustarting to appearing just uncaring and under resourced in the technical department.. 'Unrivalled Value and Quality' hmmm.

This problem has been in existance since the product was launched in late 2012 and reported since early 2013. It causes me major problems and yes.. even loss of income and associated remedy costs like travel and time. Your explanation of incoming powerline quality I remain skeptical about as I experience this issue on all my four meters in different major residential areas where I expect the quality is well in the top % best available. I'm sure it's not reported so much as it's not a frequently used feature. If there was a reasonable workaround (over IP) then it wouldn't be such a major headache.

It's always 'next batch / next month' - When can we get these meters replaced or fixed ?

K
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Fair enough. Yes, this issue has taken way too long to effectively address. We had "fixes" that ended up not working. Our next generation of the v.4 meter has more checks and root level fixes in the firmware for this issue. So far we have not seen a Pulse Lockup in the next generation. We should have these v.4 meters in our possession within 14 days, the best we can do is replace the meters you are having trouble with, please send us an email with your shipping address and the number of meters you have had an issue with and we will work to ship you replacements when the latest batch arrives.

I should add that a physical replacement is the only way to get this done, due to technical meter calibration reasons we are not able to upgrade the firmware on older meters to the new firmware.

Thanks and apologies again that this took so long to resolve.
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Hello xAPPO,
I wanted to let you know that we now have a new batch of Omnimeter Pulse v.4 meters with an upgraded firmware that fixes the pulse lockup issue. We would very much like to hear back from you to see if you are still experiencing this issue and to see if there is anything we can do to replace the meters that are giving you trouble.

Thanks, and if you need anything at all, please let us know.
Jameson
EKM METERING
perisse

Post by perisse »

Damn!
That's what I get from not reading the forum!
I've been having this problem for more than 2 years and I though the culprit was the water flow meter or the wiring!
I have a long run of wire under my garden and I replaced the whole thing!
Jameson, can you help me on that?
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Hello Perisse,

Sorry that you had to go through all that, what a bummer! We would be more than happy to replace your old v.4 meter with a new one that has the updated firmware which fixes the Pulse lockup issue..

Please send us an email to info@ekmmetering.com and we will arrange it!

Thanks, and again our apologies for this. We will get you going again.
Jameson
EKM METERING

Post by 209 »

The two new once I just bought, have to newest firmware on em, correct? Just got em both a few weeks ago.

c
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Yes, you should be good. The meters we shipped you have the latest v.4 firmware.
Jameson
EKM METERING