How do I best set up the Time-of-Use options?

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
BlueHornet

Re: How do I best set up the Time-of-Use options?

Post by BlueHornet »

Hi Jameson,
It's probably pointless uploading my data now that you have established that the weekend/holiday TOU issue does in fact exist but one thing that I can most definitely re-confirm is that both the V3 & V4 meters are affected by the same weekend/holiday TOU issue.
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Yes, no need to send us your data at this point.

We are looking at adding a "feature" to the EKM Dash that will give the option to have the Dash sync the computer time to the meter time once per day, this would be a better workaround until we get the firmware issue resolved.

We will keep you posted on progress.
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
JayDee

Post by JayDee »

Jameson wrote:We are looking at adding a "feature" to the EKM Dash that will give the option to have the Dash sync the computer time to the meter time once per day
I doubt that this action would kick start the TOU problem, it is my guess that changing the time will not register a change in tou therfore not recalculate which TOU the meter should be in, but that's my guess.

Cheers
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Yeah good point.

But, according to our testing it does work. We have been manually setting the time to computer time 1 minute after midnight on Sunday (or 1 minute after midnight on a Holiday) and the meter is able to realize that it is now on a normal weekday. So it is not a super elegant option, but it does work. The firmware fix is still the final fix.

Thanks for your help :D
Jameson
EKM METERING
Karl

Post by Karl »

After a weekend plus three test holidays I can confirm that my v.3 Omnimeter with firmware version 20 also stays in the Weekend/Holiday (WE/H) schedule, just as Gary, JayDee and Jameson describe.

All my TOU accumulation problems occurred right after a WE/H, and each WE/H watched reproduced this.
No modification of the WE/H schedule changed this (not late start versus early start, not 1 versus 4 start times).
To figure out whether it just is stuck in whatever Rate was active when WE/H ended, or whether it continually works off the WE/H schedule, I tried a WE/H schedule with more activity that just "Rate 1 all day long". Answer:
The WE/H schedule(s) work perpetually, after end of WE or H . Any WE/H-scheduled Rate changes are happening again, as if in the Groundhog Day movie.

Power-Down gets the meter out of it, as does pressing the SET button on any of the Rate settings (e.g. Schedule 6, without using or changing it).
Pressing the SET button in the other tabs of the EKM-DASH interface probably does not lift the WE/H-permanence - at least "Reset Maximum Demand" in the General tab didn't. Good to know that a Date and Time-SET also restores normalcy, until the next WE/H.

Now I'll wait for the firmware fix.
Question:
Will the interim Dash-feature addition help when I can access the Omnimeter only over the Push-servers (i.e. not locally per USB, not per EKM-iSerial) ?

Thanks, Jameson, for the "T1, T2, T3, T4 symbol on the LCD panel" hint, that sped up these tests.

Greetings,
Karl
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Hi Karl,

Thanks for all of the testing you have done! 8-)
Will the interim Dash-feature addition help when I can access the Omnimeter only over the Push-servers (i.e. not locally per USB, not per EKM-iSerial) ?
Unfortunately the Push is not able to make settings in the meter (yet), so it is not able to get the meter to snap out of its spell. It will only help Dash to USB or Dash to iSerial users :cry:

Also unfortunately, once we do have the firmware fix, we will have to get your meter back to reflash it. :roll:

So, not great, but we do appreciate all of the help and patience :D
Jameson
EKM METERING
BlueHornet

Post by BlueHornet »

Hi Jameson,

Any updates on the firmware fix or software workaround ?
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

I had hoped to have a Dash version with the "workaround fix" in by this week. Looks like it will be next week.

We have gotten one of the firmware fixes and are testing it now (so far so good). So now we need to get the other 2 Omnimeter firmwares fixed and start testing those too.

Once we are all good, we will need to get those meters that are affected by the "Weekend/Holiday stuck Tariff issue" back here so that we can re-flash with updated firmware. :roll:

Thanks,
Jameson
EKM METERING
BlueHornet

Post by BlueHornet »

Thanks for the update Jameson,

What would you estimate that the time frame will be for the other firmwares?

I have a few meters V3's & V4's that will need re-flashing, and what will be the arrangements for getting these back to EKM from Australia?
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

I would think a couple/few weeks at least on the new firmwares (wild guesstimate, mostly the testing part).

We would be happy to cover the cost to ship your meters to California and back to Australia when the time comes.

Thanks,
Jameson
EKM METERING