"Bad Data From EKM Push Database"

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
mmccarty

"Bad Data From EKM Push Database"

Post by mmccarty »

I have an Omnimeter v.4 with Push module in one of our barns. It has been working fine with the Push module for the past couple of weeks. I wasn't able to connect to the meter via USB until today. I couldn't get the RS-485 to USB to work. I hooked up the ground wire and was finally able to connect, but couldn't access the settings for the meter, the icons just weren't available in the Dash software. After deleting the meter, adding the meter, switching back and forth from Push to USB, I finally installed the latest version of the the software via the automatic update (a popup when the software was started). I was then able to access the meter settings. I changed the display and set the pulse ratios. I then disconnected from RS-485 and switched back to Push and started getting errors "Bad Data from EKM Push Database". I cannot resolve it.

It doesn't seem very easy to switch communication modes. (USB to Push or vice versa). Settings and keys disappear and have to be entered again when switching from one to the other.
Jameson

Re: "Bad Data From EKM Push Database"

Post by Jameson »

Hello mmccarty! Welcome!

Seeing as you lost connectivity after physically switching from Push (which was working) to USB, back to Push, I would imagine that the issue you are seeing has to do with how your EKM Push is wired to your EKM Omnimeter Pulse v.4. I would double/triple check your wired RS485 connections. Make sure you have it wired A to A and B to B.

As to how the Dash handles switching a meter from a USB type meter to a Push meter, you are right that this can be a little clunky. As far as the Dash knows these are 2 entirely different meters. So you essentially have to start over when switching.

It is expected behavior that the meter settings tabs do not appear when you are using the EKM Push, this is because we are not yet able to make meter settings via the EKM Push system. All of the settings tabs appear in the EKM Dash if you are using a USB converter or the iSerial.

I would just check your wired connections again and Im sure you will be good to go!

Regards,
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
mmccarty

Re: "Bad Data From EKM Push Database"

Post by mmccarty »

Yes, it does appear to be a wiring problem. When I went out to do chores earlier in the evening I double checked where I had added the ground for the RS-485 to USB connection at the Push terminal block. The wires were loose. I got them attached and checked Dash when I got home and found that one packet was received at the time that I was tinkering with it, but nothing after that. I'll check everything tomorrow again.