Cloud Data Calls

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
mmccarty

Cloud Data Calls

Post by mmccarty »

I have an Omnimeter v.4 installed with a water meter in one of our barns attached to a Push module. Eventually I would like to add a gas meter and count pulses from a bin scale to show daily feed consumption. This setup could eventually be installed on each of three barns.

Every day I manually log feed and water consumption and production data on paper in each of the barns. I would like to be able to gather the Push data from the cloud and automatically populate a spreadsheet with daily feed, gas, and water consumption, as well as monthly electrical consumption.

I have played around with the web calls for the data and find that each call returns a block of data that would need to be parsed and the appropriate data inserted into a spreadsheet cell. Can somebody point me in the right direction to accomplish what I've described?
Jameson

Re: Cloud Data Calls

Post by Jameson »

:D

I like it! Cool project. Yes you can absolutely do this. For now I would use the EKM Dash to view your data. The comparison chart in the EKM Dash is the best place to view Pulse Counts.

You can setup the EKM Dash Pulse Counts but instead of using the term "Water" or "Gas" you can name the input "Animal Feed". And instead of "Gallons" you can just call the Pulse Value a bucket, a bushel, a scoop, or whatever unit your feed is measured in. You can then view "Animal Feed Scoops" in Hour, Day, or Month increments.

Here is a video to get you started setting up your EKM Dash Pulse Counts: https://vimeo.com/126291483

Heads up that a lot of what is provided via the Dash will soon be available via the EKM Widget. (give us a couple weeks)

If you really would like to take your raw Push API data instead so that you can enter it into your own spreadsheet or software, let me know, and I will give you a hand with that.

Thanks and keep us posted. I am curious to see what a Pig Feed bar chart looks like vs a Chicken Feed chart :lol:
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com