natural gas flow rate measurement

Forum is open to all questions, answers, and discussions related to gas meters, ours or others.
david

natural gas flow rate measurement

Post by david »

Hello All
I have an application, cogen plant that I am testing. I would like to measure the rate of consumption of the engine under various loads and then compare the results of this to the same loads while injecting HHO to the system. Will the PGM.75 show me the flow rate?? Is it available in 1"??
Thanks David
Jameson

Re: natural gas flow rate measurement

Post by Jameson »

Sounds like a cool project! Welcome to the forum.

I have a feeling that running HHO through our gas meter could damage the diaphragm over time. I am not sure how reactive HHO, but it does have a free oxygen. Our gas meters are really designed for non-reactive gases.

The gas meter will tell you Total Volume of gas (in cubic feet). It does have a 1 pulse per cubic foot Pulse Output which could be interpolated to give you a "Flow Rate"

We hope to have a 1.5" Gas Meter in stock by the end of September, check back in or send us an email and we will let you know when we have these in stock.
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
david

Post by david »

I would not be running the HHO through the meter, only natural gas. What I would hope to show is
1. The rate of flow of natural gas at 1800rpm at various loads using a load bank
2. The rate of flow of natural gas at 1800rpm at various loads using a load bank while adding HHO

If I buy a EKM Omnimeter Pulse v.4 and a PGM.75 and use your EKM Dash software will your software show live readings of rate/flow and total usage
Thanks David
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Hello David,
If I buy a EKM Omnimeter Pulse v.4 and a PGM.75 and use your EKM Dash software will your software show live readings of rate/flow and total usage.
Not exactly, what you could do is run it for an hour under each scenario and then you could say something like "Without HHO I am using 45 cubic feet an hour, and with HHO I am only using 29 cubic feet per hour" (for example), but we dont give you the rate in real time (just the total Pulse Count.

You could use excel to calculate and graph your data.

Hope this helps.
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com