Remote reading of 3/4" Pulse Output Gas Meter - PGM-075

Forum is open to all questions, answers, and discussions related to gas meters, ours or others.
Pegasys

Remote reading of 3/4" Pulse Output Gas Meter - PGM-075

Post by Pegasys »

Is the EKM-Push Communication System and the EKM Dash (dashkey) the only things I need to read the meter (remotely) from inside my home (I really don't need to read it from anywhere else) with the 3/4" Pulse Output Gas Meter - PGM-075 ? Do I really need the EKM Omnimeter Pulse v.4 – Pulse Counting, Relay Controlling, Universal Smart Electric Meter ... or can I use the simpler (and quite a bit less costly) 8 Digit Pulse Counter ... I want to only read my propane gas flow ... I don't need any type of of Electricity measurement or analysis devices ...
Jameson

Re: Remote reading of 3/4" Pulse Output Gas Meter - PGM-075

Post by Jameson »

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

If all you want is a remote LCD readout of the count of pulses from your gas meter, then the 8 Digit Pulse Counter could work well for you. This just provides a small digital readout that you can locate up to 200 feet from your gas meter.

If you want to see your pulse count data on a computer, you must then use the Omnimeter Pulse v.4. If you are fine with getting this data from within your building, then the USB converter would work for you. You would connect your gas meter to the Omnimeter Pulse v.4, which would then be connected to your USB Converter, which would be connected to your computer.

If you want to get your gas meter data over the internet (even within your building) then the EKM Push would be the preferred method. Your gas meter would connect to the Omnimeter Pulse v.4, which would then connect to the EKM Push, which would then connect to your internet router via ethernet.
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com