Setting pulse input ratio using EKM Dash

Forum is open to all other questions, answers, and discussions that have no other topic.
Owen707

Setting pulse input ratio using EKM Dash

Post by Owen707 »

Hello, I am a new user just getting acquainted with my EKM metering system.

I am using an Omnimeter v4 with EKM Push/EKM Dash and I would like to set the pulse input ratio for Input 2 to 1:1 instead of 1000:1. I did a forum search and I found http://documents.ekmmetering.com/Omnime ... otocol.pdf but I thought there was a way to set the pulse input ratio from EKM Dash.

I can connect to my Omnimeter and successfully read from it, but if I go... Meters | Edit Meter... | Pulse | Omnimeter v.4 pulse input, the pulse input ratio is grayed out. I am not a serial guy can anybody help me format the proper command to do this?
pcicerchi

Re: Setting pulse input ratio using EKM Dash

Post by pcicerchi »

How are you connecting to your meter? I had the same problem using the EKM Push. Everything was greyed out and I couldnt access everything. I switched to the USB converter and I had access to everything including the pulse ratios.
Owen707

Post by Owen707 »

EKM Push is connected to the company LAN via Ethernet. I do not have EKM's USB to RS-485 converter, but I have an off the shelf USB to RS-232 converter that I can try, thanks for the advice!
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Hey all,

Sounds like you are on the right track. The reason options get greyed out (or are no longer available) in the Dash interface is that the EKM Push system is not yet able to make meter settings. So yes, you have to use a USB converter to make the meter settings and then connect the meter back up to the Push (or you can have us make various settings to your meters before we ship them out to you).

Thanks,
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
Owen707

Post by Owen707 »

Problem solved:

I got my hands on the USB/RS485 adapter, worked like a charm! Thanks for the replies!
Garry

Post by Garry »

Same problem as Owen707. Exactly what are the steps to hookup the USB/RS485 interface and then use it to change the Pulse Ratio? Are there some instructions somewhere I am overlooking? Are they somewhere ,in this forum?
Garry

Post by Garry »

Question 1: To change pulse ratio, do I just need to disconnect my v4 meter from the push unit and wire it to the EKM USB to RS485, and then run Dash from there?

I obviously will have to have the Dash software downloaded to the laptop. Ater hooking it up to the laptop, then will I be able to change the pulse ratio?
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Exactly what are the steps to hookup the USB/RS485 interface and then use it to change the Pulse Ratio?
Connect a twisted pair wire from A+ on the USB converter to "RS-485 A" on up to 256 EKM Meters, connect B- to "RS485 B" on the same meters. You can do this while still connected to the Push or not.

Then you can use the EKM Dash software to make meter settings (like change the Pulse Input Ratios). Go to the Pulse Tab and then set your Pulse Input ratios to 1:1. To make sure the change has taken place you can see what your Pulse input Ratio is set to in your meter data.
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
Garry

Post by Garry »

Thanks, got it done.
ckhome

Post by ckhome »

I'm using the Push system, so i recognize that i can't change the pulse ratios without the USB Converter. I did wire a jumper to the inputs 13 to 14 and have closed the wires by hand several times to test the counting functionality without success. Do i need to set something up in software prior to these inputs working, or do i have the wiring incorrect?