Alert based on resettable input pulse count

Forum is open to all other questions, answers, and discussions that have no other topic.
Owen707

Alert based on resettable input pulse count

Post by Owen707 »

I am using the EKM Omnimeter v4 in combination with the pulse output water meter SPWM-075 and EKM Push to monitor process water usage at our facility. I would like to trigger a notification after some number of gallons of flow through the meter so that we can change our water softener tanks. Under the "triggers" option in EKM Dash I notice that there is no option to set a trigger based on the resettable pulse input count, only with the non-resettable pulse count. Any ideas on how to work around this? Best I can come up with is to set the past reads to max and use "pulse count 1 increases by more than X."
Jameson

Re: Alert based on resettable input pulse count

Post by Jameson »

OK I see what you are wanting. At first I thought you would just want to set the trigger for "if my Pulse Count goes over 1000 gallons" (for example), but what you really want is to be able to reset so that you get an alert for every 1000 gallons measured, rather than updating your trigger to 2000 gallons, and then 3000 gallons, etc.

If you were to set your Dash to "send me an alert if the Pulse Count increments by more than 1000 in 20,000 reads (for example), this would not exactly get you what you are after.

We will work to integrate exactly what you are needing. But for now I think setting an alert if the pulse count goes over 1000 then changing the alert to 2000 then 3000 like the example above would work the best.

Hope this helps!
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
Owen707

Re: Alert based on resettable input pulse count

Post by Owen707 »

Alright I see what you're saying, instead of resetting the count I will just increase the threshold for the alert when we change tanks. Thanks for the help!