SMTP Error: 102

Forum is open to all other questions, answers, and discussions that have no other topic.
Owen707

SMTP Error: 102

Post by Owen707 »

Hi~

I am using an Omnimeter v4 with EKM Push/EKM Dash to monitor water usage at my workplace, and I had set up a weekly report through dashmail which was working until recently.

Now, whenever it tries to run a report I get an error "SMTP Error: 102. The Settings Are Incorrect." It doesn't matter if it is manually triggered or scheduled, same error. My dashmail settings are:

From Address: info@ekmmetering.com
Port: 25
Encryption: Off
DashMail: Enabled
Remaining Messages: 41

Anybody know how to resolve this error?

Thanks!

-Owen
Jameson

Re: SMTP Error: 102

Post by Jameson »

Hi Owen,

Thanks for the heads up!

This is a known issue with DashMail that we have fixed in the next release (will be released tonight or tomorrow, I hope)

This has something to do with something called the POODLE attack, which is some sort of exploit, and by patching the server to prevent this, we gummed something else up. But never fear, the next version fixes this and is on its way.

The way to fix this if you want to right now, is to use your own SMTP settings from your email account.

Thanks again,
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
Owen707

Post by Owen707 »

Hi Jameson,

I appreciate the info, I'll go ahead and make a new report with different SMTP settings and I look forward to the next DashMail release!

Thanks!

-Owen
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Hello Owen,

We have released the latest version of the Dash that should fix this issue. Please restart your Dash and download the update.

Thanks again,

Regards,
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com