Combining EKM Push and ISerial?

Forum is open to all other questions, answers, and discussions that have no other topic.
pvanmastrigt

Combining EKM Push and ISerial?

Post by pvanmastrigt »

Dear Forum/Jameson,

I now am the proud owner of an EKM Push and ISerial.

Whilst the Push has lots of advantages over the ISerial, the later can actually control settings in the Omnimeter, which is really nice too.

--> Can I combine both by simply connecting the RS485 A+ and B- to both the Push and the ISerial?

That would be awesome!

with regards
Piet van Mastrigt
Jameson

Re: Combining EKM Push and ISerial?

Post by Jameson »

Yes, you can do this (though this would be a multi master network and is not generally encouraged). There are a couple things to be aware of. You can only have 1 master communicating at a time. So if your iSerial and EKM Push make a request at the same time, you will get data collisions and garbled data. This is not a big problem, it just results in a single bad read. So you will want to read your meters once a minute with both the iSerial and EKM Push and hope they do not conflict very often (for example).

The EKM Dash is not setup to read your meters through both. I would use the EKM Dash with the iSerial, and the EKM Widget or encompass.io with the EKM Push data in this case.

Good luck!
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
pvanmastrigt

Post by pvanmastrigt »

Thanks, I will install accordingly and report back - looks like it will be a great set-up!
pvanmastrigt

Post by pvanmastrigt »

Hello Jameson, I installed accordingly, and this can work to some extend - but the number of "bad meter read" or "no response - check …" is too large (as in most of the returns) so I will use the EKM Push and have powered down the iSerial. I leave the iSerial wired, so that when needed and I am at the home I can power it back up to change e.g. the pulse ratio.

Greetings,