End of month Total KWH reading

Forum is open to all questions, answers, and discussions related to electric meters, ours or others.
Nevland

End of month Total KWH reading

Post by Nevland »

I feel it must be in the EKM some where. I think it would be necessary to calculate the previous monthly reports.
Why would I want/need it.
My utility changes my rate when I reach certain limit. It would be nice to see when I am approaching that limit. I could cut back on the high priced (heavy loads air conditioning, Backing etc.) Stuff
Yea I know I could try to remember to check the reading on the last day of each month and make a note of it.. But I feel the EKM already does it.
It must be there some where
But Where?
Can I retrieve it ?

Bill
Jameson

Re: End of month Total KWH reading

Post by Jameson »

Hey Bill,

It sounds like you are on tiered pricing. This is where you get charged more per kWh if you exceed a monthly threshold of kWh usage.

The best way to achieve what you are looking for at this point would be to read your meter with a computer on a regular basis (once a day or more) and then to plot your energy consumption for the month. You should be able to project if you will be under the usage threshold or over the usage threshold for the month. So this way you can start cutting back halfway through the month if your projected usage looks like it is going to exceed the limit and bump you into a higher tier of pricing.

Also, stay tuned for improvements in the EKM Dash software. We will be adding a variety of alarms, alerts and triggers. This way you could set up the EKM Dash to send you an email or text message if you were exceeding a user defined limit of kWh usage for the month.

Let us know what other alerts or triggers you are looking for and we will try to incorporate them into the EKM Dash software.

i.e. "Send me an email when the voltage is below 115 volts"

Thanks!
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com