relay output activation

Forum is open to all questions, answers, and discussions related to electric meters, ours or others.
zenerman

relay output activation

Post by zenerman »

Hi, i'm very interested in your EKM Omnimeter Pulse v.4, but i have a couple of questions....

Can i program the Relay outputs as an alarm? I.E. if measured kW it's above 10kW activate the relay output.

Do the EKM Omnimeter Pulse v.4 can do data logging? what type of data can be logged if logging is possible? how much time of data can be logged?

Can we import the data to our HMI software?

Regards,
Pablo Rosario
Jameson

Re: relay output activation

Post by Jameson »

Hello Pablo,

Welcome to the forum!
Can i program the Relay outputs as an alarm? I.E. if measured kW it's above 10kW activate the relay output.
You cannot program the meter itself to do this by itself as a standalone unit. But the software (like the EKM Dash) that is used to read the meter could do this. This would add a lot of value to the EKM-Omnimeter Pulse v.4. You could have the meter sound and alarm (activate a buzzer), or turn off a load (switch off the power to a pump motor or AC unit), or send yourself an email, etc if the kW went above 10kW or the voltage is too low, or the Pulse Counting Input increments up one. There really is not a limit to what the meter and your software can do. We plan to implement this kind of reaction by using the EKM Dash software in the near future.
Do the EKM Omnimeter Pulse v.4 can do data logging? what type of data can be logged if logging is possible? how much time of data can be logged?
Our meters themselves do not store much in the way of real-time data. Of course they store cumulative values like kilowatt hours, but there is not a log or real-time values of watts, amps, volts, etc. A very good way to do this is to use the EKM Push system (or the EKM Dash software). The EKM Push gateway automatically reads all of your meters and sends this data to a central server. There we store 1000 of the latest meter reads. You can find a lot more information about this here: http://www.ekmmetering.com/push-communications

The nice part about the EKM Push system is it makes it really easy to then import this data into your own system such as your HMI software. If you would like to import the data into your own software you can think of the EKM Push server as a known, reliable, easy bounce point for your EKM Push meter data. The downside for the short term in your case is that the EKM Push system does not yet work with the v.4 meters (we are actively working on this).

If you have any questions, please let us know.
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com