EKM Dash Question

Forum is open to all questions, answers, and discussions related to electric meters, ours or others.
jpfries

EKM Dash Question

Post by jpfries »

We are currently using the iSerial and the EKM Dash software Trial version to view the data. I was trying out the feature that would send an email with the csv file attached and it didn't send. I got an email but there was no attached file. Now is this because I'm using the trial version or is this a feature that works with Push or is there a bug in the software?
Jameson

Re: EKM Dash Question

Post by Jameson »

jpfries,

Yes, we have not implemented the ability to attach a .csv file to the email yet. Please let us know if your software does not say "not yet implemented" next to the checkbox.

This should be the same in the trial version and the full version. We will be adding this ability in future releases.

Thanks,
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
jpfries

Post by jpfries »

We have been using the Dash software for a few months now and we just installed it on a Windows server. Where is the data file of the meter reads kept in the file system?
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Here is the location of the EKM Dash database for these operating systems:

Windows 8, 7 and Vista: C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\EKM Dash
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\EKM Dash
Mac OS X: User/Library/Application Support/EKM Dash/EKM Metering Database.db

In Mac OS X if you cannot find it this way just hold down the Option key when you click to open the Dash and you will see where these files are.

If you have any questions, please let us know :mrgreen:

Thanks,
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
alfredbhulai

Post by alfredbhulai »

Thanks for this fix, Jameson.
My new Windows 7 laptop under warranty did not show the AppData, so I had to return to the sellers to eliminate the EKM dash file in /Roaming.
The v1.2 software has been loaded now with none of the problems.
Alfred Bhulai