EKM Omnimeter v.4 - Factory Resetting

Forum is open to all questions, answers, and discussions related to electric meters, ours or others.
riv

EKM Omnimeter v.4 - Factory Resetting

Post by riv »

I am aware that it is not easily possible to reset all values to zero, like factory default for EKM v.4 meters, but still want to go deeper:
- We are ok to remove security seals if required. At any extend we need to resealed them with our own stamp, so this is not a problem for us
- We can invest reasonable amount to a hardware or able to write own code if required.

So, I am coming back to the original question - is there any way, software or hardware, to reset to factory default?

Thank you
----
V. Rublyov
Jameson

Re: EKM Omnimeter v.4 - Factory Resetting

Post by Jameson »

Hello Riv,

I am not aware of a way to reset all of the kWh values to zero (hardware or software). We sell these to customers that use these for Revenue Grade metering, so it would not be good to be able to set these values to zero. It would be like being able to set the odometer on your car to zero.

The v4 meters do have a separate "Resettable kWh" register however. You can use this like you would a trip odometer in your car. You could set it to zero at the beginning of the month or when your factory starts a new production, for example.

Thanks,
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
riv

Re: EKM Omnimeter v.4 - Factory Resetting

Post by riv »

Resetting to factory defaults/full zeros is really wish for us when we deploy new racks for new customers, it will be really good if the meters can be capable. Re-sealing is already our process.
Is there any jtag/low level interface is available? Thank you for any possible help.
----
V. Rublyov