3rd Party Current Transducers (CT's)

Forum is open to all questions, answers, and discussions related to electric meters, ours or others.
ckhome

3rd Party Current Transducers (CT's)

Post by ckhome »

I had a rare situation where i need a unique current transducer (CT), Rogowski coil to measure a buss bar situation. Is there a way to use a 3rd party CT with the EKM meter if necessary? Maybe a software parameter that could be set to match the specifications of the 3rd party CT? Specifically this CT has an output signal of: 131mVAC/1000A @ 60 Hz
Jameson

Re: 3rd Party Current Transducers (CT's)

Post by Jameson »

This would require a very specialized piece of hardware to convert your voltage output CT to a 26.6 milliamp output that our meter can digest.

We have looked into a 5amp to 26.6 mA converter that is doable, but you do lose accuracy. Do you need high accuracy for this installation? What is the physical size of the buss bar?
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
Rick

Post by Rick »

Tell me more about this converter, I am researching monitoring other parameters such as flow, weight, pressure, temperature, light, moisture and tank volume. I understand all these would have to be converted to a pulse train to be read by the EKM Dash and Widget software.
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Our Omnimeter Pulse v.4 can count the pulses from any 3rd party device with a dry contact pulse output or in most cases an unpowered electronic pulse output. We usually connect our pulse counters to water meters and gas meters, but they could also be connected to a switch which is connected to a weighing scale, a pressure switch, a temperature switch, light level switch, and water level float switch. The Omnimeter Pulse v.4 will only give you a binary ON/OFF signal though in addition to the pulse count. You can connect up to 3 of these switches to a single Omnimeter Pulse v.4.

The Pulse Inputs will not give you an analog value however. They will not tell you the temperature is 64.3 degrees for example, they would only tell you if the temperature is above or below the set-point of your temperature controlled switch.
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com