Different kind of errors reading meters

Forum is open to all questions, answers, and discussions related to electric meters, ours or others.
diana26

Different kind of errors reading meters

Post by diana26 »

Hello!
I am using EKM push and meters, and when I see the data information in EKM API it appears some kind of errors. One is called PERR.NR and I know this code means "no response", but there are some other codes:
PERR.DAT
PERR.RXP
PERR.RXO

I want to know what is the description of each code.

I will be very greatful if you could answer my question!

Thanks! :)
Jameson

Re: Different kind of errors reading meters

Post by Jameson »

PERR.NR = No Response, this indicates that the meter tried to read the given meter number, but it never heard any response from the meter.

PERR.DAT - data format error, this indicates that the data is messed up somehow, so the Push rejected it. You might see this with a weak 485Bee connection. You should not see this very often at all if you have a hardwired connection from your Push to your meter.

PERR.RXP - serial parity error, also indicates messed up data. You would also see this with a weak 485Bee connection. You should not see this very often at all if you have a hardwired connection from your Push to your meter.

PERR.RXO - serial overrun error, also indicates messed up data. You would also see this with a weak 485Bee connection. You should not see this very often at all if you have a hardwired connection from your Push to your meter.
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com