Monthly report error

Forum is open to all questions, answers, and discussions related to electric meters, ours or others.
ijlizardi

Monthly report error

Post by ijlizardi »

When I setup the monthly report I get the email with the following:

Meter number 1081F is having a problem or not reading correctly! Please check settings and connections.

software version v.3.1.129
If I use read all meters or read one meter I get a read OK with all values. Just the monthly report does not work. I had to manually do the reading since I purchased the meter. I need to get this automated ASAP. Please help.
Attachments
EKM_20120118_2.jpg
EKM_20120118_2.jpg (195.47 KiB) Viewed 10222 times
dbrouwer
Site Admin

Re: Monthly report error

Post by dbrouwer »

This is strange behavior in my experience. I have 2 questions:

1. What operating system are you using?
2. When you click on "Test E-mail Reports" button in the Users window, does the "OK" in the main window go away and re-appear after reading the meter? Is the "OK" that I'm seeing in the screenshot for the reading that was attempted for the email report or is it from another successful read?
BlueHornet

Post by BlueHornet »

Running Win 7 & XP (32 bit) with EKM Reader Version 3.1.129.

If you navigate to "Reports" > "Monthly Reports" tab in the drop down menu is greyed out and will not allow access. Yet the "Read 6 Months Records" & "Set/Read TOU & Seasons" works OK.
Seth

Post by Seth »

Hi,

Thanks again and apologies for the issue - we are looking into it. I wanted to confirm - you are using the latest paid version?

What you can do in the meantime - and may actually be more like what you are looking for, depending on your needs - is to set up monthly email notification.

In the Windows version of the software: go to File > Preferences > click "Set Up Email"

Let us know if you have any other issues.

Seth
BlueHornet

Post by BlueHornet »

Seth wrote:Hi,

Thanks again and apologies for the issue - we are looking into it. I wanted to confirm - you are using the latest paid version?

Seth
I'm assuming its the latest paid version.

Doug sent me the download link some time back after reworking the software due to some broken links with txt & csv logs, and another issue where the Fwd & Rev kWh meter values were decrementing on occasions rather than incrementing .

This version has provision for a registration name & code but these were not forwarded to me.

I added to the existing thread as I think the issues are one and the same as the O.P.