Pulsed Output

Forum is open to all questions, answers, and discussions related to electric meters, ours or others.
idkdude

Pulsed Output

Post by idkdude »

Hi. I have an EKM 25-IDS meter. I am trying to make use of the pulsed output. I found this thread on the forum that mentions the pulsed output acting as a solid-state relay and is polarity specific.

For some reason, the + and - labeling is throwing me off. Before I attempt connecting it, I just wanted to verify my diagram is correct... The positive goes in the + side and comes out the - side?

Thanks!
Jameson

Re: Pulsed Output

Post by Jameson »

First, Id like to make sure that you have tried just connecting your pulse counter directly to the pulse output of the EKM 25IDS meter (without the 5 volt DC source). This is how our Omnimeter Pulse v.4 and our 8 digit pulse counter would work.

Second, if your pulse counter needs a 5 volt source, it looks like your circuit should work (assuming your pulse counter could be connected directly to your 5 volts). The EKM 25IDS in this circuit is acting like a switch, connecting and disconnecting your 5VDC directly to your pulse counter. The polarity in your drawing looks good to me. But if it doesn't work, you can just reverse it without risking damage to anything.

Let us know how it goes!
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com