Omnimeter 1 v.3 and the magic smoke

Forum is open to all questions, answers, and discussions related to electric meters, ours or others.
ianf

Omnimeter 1 v.3 and the magic smoke

Post by ianf »

Hi,

I made an off-by-one error wiring up L1 into #6 (CT3 connection) rather than #7 due to parallax . That side of the CT terminals is connected to #10 (N) so it blew up the trace R4 and R67 :oops: . Could you by any chance tell me the values of those 2 resistors so I can attempt a repair?

Ian
Jameson

Re: Omnimeter 1 v.3 and the magic smoke

Post by Jameson »

Hi Ian,

Sorry to hear that. We would be happy to help you out. But we are a bit confused, maybe you have an older Omnimeter, but what you are describing does not match up with what we are seeing here. Do you mind providing photos of your Omnimeter PCB showing the entire PCB, showing a clear view of R4 and a clear view of R67? I think that will be the safest so we dont lead you down the wrong path.

Regards,
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
ianf

Post by ianf »

Thanks Jameson,

It looks like it took out the grounding part of the burden circuit. From what I can tell, terminals #2, #4 and #6 are connected together and then connected through R4 and R67 to Neutral. Technically I don't need L3, but it would be nice to have a fully functioning meter. Also, if you think I've damaged the current sensing circuit then I'm happy not to attempt the repair.

Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Hello Ian,

Both the R4 and R67 resistors on your older Omnimeter model are 5.1 Ohm.

Sorry it took a while confirm this, but we had to go dig up some older Omnimeters to match the one you have there.

Good luck with the repair!!
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
ianf

Post by ianf »

Thanks!