Omnimeter V4 not counting pulses

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
pvanmastrigt

Omnimeter V4 not counting pulses

Post by pvanmastrigt »

Dear EKM support/Jameson,

The issue of Omnimeter V4 not counting pulses, but does show Pulse input state correctly (and changing from "open" to "closed" and back) has been reported already extensively on this forum. The solution is to flash new firmware on the meter.

Unfortunately my iSerial is no longer usable (it is hanging on a firmware update, which never installed somehow). Instead I bought the EKM Push system. At present I cannot get at the meter (7000 km away from my current residence) however, my dear wife is at the premises where the meter is installed.

Questions:

0.) I am assuming this is indeed the recommended solution (new firmware).
1.) Would there be a short term fix (e.g. switch the power to the meter on-off-on-off-on) that I can ask my better half to execute such that perhaps the meter works as intended again until this issue re-emerges? (the meter worked fine for a long time)
2.) How would I best go about fixing/installing the firmware at a later opportunity - when I am at the premise and can tinker with the EKM meter/Push (or even try to get the iSerial to work again).

Support much appreciated,

With regards
Piet van Mastrigt
Jameson

Re: Omnimeter V4 not counting pulses

Post by Jameson »

Sorry to hear that v4 meter is giving you trouble, yes pulse counts would sometimes lockup after a power glitch with early versions of the v4 firmware. If there was an arc in the line or some other weird anomaly the pulse counts would quite annoyingly lockup :oops:

The simple quick solution is to power cycle the meter. Just disconnect power to the v4, then power it back up. It should start counting pulses right away.

The more permanent solution is to ship the v4 meter to us and we can fix it here, and if not we would just ship you a free replacement. The latest v4 firmware does not have this issue at all.

Sorry for the trouble, hopefully we can get this fixed for you in as pain free a way as possible.

Best,
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
pvanmastrigt

Post by pvanmastrigt »

Hello Jameson, thanks for the tip and the pledge. Though the meter was power cycled already as a test before it did work this time and the counters are going - thanks a lot.

I plan to ship the meter for a firmware upgrade per your advice, however, I think this will only be possible somewhere Q3 next year for logistical reasons.

With regards
Piet van Mastrigt
pvanmastrigt

Post by pvanmastrigt »

Dear Jameson, it took a long time for me to be back at the location of my Omnimeter. I have now changed the entire premise to 3 phase power supply (3 x 230 V, 1 neutral). You may have seen my order for 3 CT and thankfully they have arrived and are working.... unfortunately the meter sometimes stops counting pulses quite as described before. I had forgotten all about this issue.

--> Is your offer still open to get new firmware installed?
--> I also have an iSerial that stopped working a long time ago when trying to install new firmware remotely. Whilst I am not too bothered about this iSerial it would be nice if it is operational, if only just to change the meter display to show/cycle the data for 3 phases and not just 1 phase as before. May I include the iSerial for a re-flash also?

With regards
Piet van Mastrigt
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Hello Piet,

Yes, please send them both back to us. We will either fix them or replace them for you.

You can send the units back with a note explaining the issue. When they arrive we can check them out and either fix them (if possible) or just send you a replacement.
Please ensure they arrive here safely packaged.

Please print out this .pdf form, fill it out completely, and include it with your product return: https://documents.ekmmetering.com/Returns-Form-RMA.pdf

Please ship to:

EKM Metering Inc.
122 Benito Ave
Santa Cruz, CA
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com