Getting things started

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
twinparadox

Getting things started

Post by twinparadox »

So I've inherited some EKM metering systems and trying to get things up and running.

I have a OmniMeter Pulse v.4. Hooked up to a water gage.
Push Pro.
The adapter to directly connect to the Omnimeter.
Laptop connected to the internet via wifi.
Cat 5 cable and adapter to connect Push Pro to laptop.

I was able to connect the omniMeter Pulse v.4 to the laptop via the adapter, after downloading the drivers for it. (you really should remind people about that driver in your tutorial / videos, I lost an hour trying to figure out why they wouldn't talk =) ). They seem to talk to each other ok, was able to get some data.

connected the v.4 to the Push Pro, directly, RS485 A to RS485 A and such.

Connected the Push pro to the lap top via cat5 cable and rj45 to usb adapter.

Put the laptop down near by (still running) and head to office to open EKM Dash and start reading

Get a message "No new data from Push) or something similar to that for about 3 hours before I can head back.

The internet light is red, can't remember if it is solid or fast blinking.

the RS485 light is blinking orange.

Where should I start trouble shooting??

Thank you.
Jameson

Re: Getting things started

Post by Jameson »

Hey!

First off thank you for your questions. Here is a help page that includes links the FTDI drivers: https://help.ekmmetering.com/support/so ... lications-

Everything you said looked good until this part: "Connected the Push pro to the lap top via cat5 cable and rj45 to usb adapter." You do not need to connect the USB converter to the EKM Push. Can you send us a photo of your setup? Im not clear how or where the USB converter is connected to your Push.

Since you "inherited" this setup, do you have the EKM Push key? (dont post it here unless you want the whole world to have access to your data). What is your Omnimeter number and what is your EKM Push MAC Address? It sounds like your Push is not connected to the internet if the internet LED is red.
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
twinparadox

Post by twinparadox »

thank you for the quick response.

Sorry I wasn't clear, the adapter is to covert the cat5 connector to a usb connector since my laptop doesn't have a cat 5 connector. I'm connecting the Push pro to the internet by the laptop.

I do have the push key and have inputted it into the EKM Dash software.
The Omnimeter number is 000300000853
The MAC address is 4016FA0000A6
firmware # 00438
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

It sounds like you are connecting your EKM Push gateway directly to your computer via an ethernet cable, is that correct? If so, that will not work. You want to connect your EKM Push gateway to your internet router, or internet modem by ethernet cable instead.

I can see your Push account in the cloud, and I can verify that your Push is not connected to the internet. Once your Push is connected to the internet, it should automatically connect to our servers, start reading your meter, and sending the data to the cloud. You can then go into your cloud account to see the data coming in.

If you email us your Push key, we will know you have been given access to the data.
Jameson
EKM METERING
twinparadox

Post by twinparadox »

Hmm, I was thinking the Push would be able to use the WiFi from the laptop to get access to the Cloud, my bad, sorry about that.

Can we use a WiFI adapter for the Push Pro (again using the cat5 / usb adapter to connect to the cat 5 jack in the Push Pro). If so how would we go about selecting the network and password for the wifi??
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Yes, with the Push2 Pro, you can use a wifi bridge (or what is called a wifi access point) to convert the ethernet signal into wifi. You would make the settings changes that you need to connect it to your wifi network on the wifi bridge itself.
Jameson
EKM METERING
twinparadox

Post by twinparadox »

Thank you for the help.
twinparadox

Post by twinparadox »

Thank you for the help.
twinparadox

Post by twinparadox »

I'm back again.

Got a EKM Push 3 Cloud now.

When I go to https://api.ekmpush.com I'm getting no data under the kWh.

Under Meters, it has our meter number, the gateway number, Model Omnimeter Pulse v.4c and the account key listed.

under Gateways it has the MAC Address, Status Update (push2) and the gateway account key listed.

More information than you really wanted.
Before connecting the Push3, I connected the Omnimeter to a laptop via the USB converter and got 3 good reads over 3 minutes.

I then Plug in the Push 3, waited for it to power cycle and set up the WIFI connection.
Clicked the box to enable wifi, typed in the network Name and Password)

Waited for it to cycle

I then disconnected the usb converter from the wires and connected the wires to the Push 3 (making sure I went A to A and B to B).

When I connected the Push3 to the Omnimeter.
The light closest to the edge (the power light according to the documention) is solid green.
The Middle light (Internet connection) flashes orange about 3 to 5 times, the green about 3 times quickly and then back to orange.
The light farthest from the edge never lights up.

What else do I need to do / information do you need??

Thank you.
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

When I look at your Push2 Pro in the cloud, I can see that it has not been connected to the internet. (heads up you do not have a Push3 gateway) Do you have your Push2 Pro connected by an ethernet cable directly to your internet router? Or are you using a wifi bridge? In an earlier post it sounded like you had it mistakenly connected directly to your laptop, have you corrected that?

Will you post some photos of your Push2, the connections to it, as well as the connections to your Omnimeter?
Jameson
EKM METERING