Request for new feature: alarm when wateruseage is high

Forum is open to all questions, answers, and discussions related to water meters, ours or others.
pvanmastrigt

Request for new feature: alarm when wateruseage is high

Post by pvanmastrigt »

Dear Sirs,

Would it be possible to further costomise the DASH software as follows:

1.) alarm e-mail to be send in case of abnormal readings changes.
2.) possibility to extract relevant readings only for the e-mail report and log.

Background: I have a watermeter connected to Omni V4 via Iserial. Hourly readouts on " pulse 1 count". This is really the only readout I am intrested in, but the report and the listings in the meter logs show much more data that I would like to filter out for now. I don't think this is possible with the current version of DASH. Also "pulse 1 count" cannot be shown in a graph.

When there is a leak I expect a big jump in counts, so would like to be able to send an alarm e-mail e.g. when 24 hrs useage exceeds some big number.

With thanks for considering this (or pointing out if this can be done already).

cheers,
Jameson

Re: Request for new feature: alarm when wateruseage is high

Post by Jameson »

I am really looking forward to when we implement what we are calling "Alerts and Triggers". We think this will add a ton of value to our system.

You would be able to setup your EKM Dash to alert you to various parameters that are out of range. For example "Send me an email when the water usage is over 400 gallons per hour". We are collecting a lot of data, the potential of this tool to save energy and in your case water (in the case of a leak or usage when you are not home) has huge potential to benefit our customers. We dont want to show our hand completely, but moving the Dash or the Push system in a direction that will save our customers water, energy, and money will certainly increase the value that we provide and the attractiveness of our systems.

Stay tuned...
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
pvanmastrigt

Post by pvanmastrigt »

Dear Jameson,

I just downloaded the latest version of the Dash software (1.3.0.9) and found the "Triggers" option added to the events menu. Absolutely what I need, and works well - thanks for doing this. So I conclude that both item 1.) and 2.) are available, and this request closed.

Success with further developments.
jliakos

Post by jliakos »

Hi. I have linked my water meter to my EKM and can see the pulse count increment.
How do I go about getting an alert when too much water is used over lets say 1 hr ?

Thanks.
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Hi jliakos,

We are pretty happy with how the triggers functions works. For a water meter I would set it up in some way similar to the attached. Just play with the number of pulse count increments per number of meter reads (this defines the time period).

Go to Events > Triggers

In the attached example, the Dash would send an email if it saw over 200 pulse increments within 60 reads (1 hour for a 1 per minute meter). The Dash does have to be running in order for this to work.

Hope this is what you are looking for.
Screen Shot 2014-06-22 at 11.03.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-06-22 at 11.03.05 AM.png (253.67 KiB) Viewed 20156 times
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com
jliakos

Post by jliakos »

Yes sure is thanks.