EKM Dash software not working when in background (MacOS High Sierra)

General questions and discussions focused around the EKM Metering System. Discuss your meters, installations, and meter communications here.
pvanmastrigt

EKM Dash software not working when in background (MacOS High Sierra)

Postby pvanmastrigt » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:21 pm

Hello,

I have recently switched to an iMac running MacOS (High Sierra 10.13.3 - upgrading from OSX to High Sierra did not change this problem):

- When the Dash software (Version 2.0.1.0) is running and visible on the desktop it receives meeter readings over the internet - ok.
- As soon as I hide the interface in the system tray or I switch to another desktop etc. (i.e. EKM Dash running "in the background") no connections can be made anymore and the system continues to report "No response - Check RS485 connection..." The same happens when the screen saver is activated.
- Once I bring the software interface up on the screen meterreading resumes.
- Running on an old Macbook (2007 white, Mac OS X 10.7.5) does not show any of these problems, but this machine is "one the way out"....

This has necessitated me to run the software on the desktop without any screen saver etc. which is annoying, and a lot of lost readings have resulted.

1.) Does anyone observe the same?
2.) Obviously I am interested in a solution.

With regards
Piet van Mastrigt

Jameson

Re: EKM Dash software not working when in background (MacOS High Sierra)

Postby Jameson » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:58 pm

Hello!,

We have seen this isse and have done some work on the latest developer version of the EKM Dash. We think we have made it better, but we we may not have not fixed this completely. Would you be interested in trying the developer version and then letting us know your experiences with it? If so, please send us an email to support@ekmmetering.com and we will try to get you a copy.

In our experience, we would get 100% good reads with the Dash open and in the foreground, then when you moved it to the background, you would still get some good reads but they would be interspersed with bad reads. Does this sound accurate?
Jameson
EKM METERING
http://www.ekmmetering.com

pvanmastrigt

Re: EKM Dash software not working when in background (MacOS High Sierra)

Postby pvanmastrigt » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:11 pm

Hello Jameson,

Thanks for clear reply, and good to hear that the problem is being addressed.

I use the iSerial now as the Dash is not 100% reliable. Otherwise your description is accurate, however, the good reads are very rare to non-existent. I'll be more than glad to test the developer version, thanks. I will send an e-mail as instructed,

With regards
Piet van Mastrigt

Return to “EKM Metering Systems”